A Latex-Free one piece male external catheter. Made of 100% soft silicone that is breathable with a balanced adhesive to provide security and is gentile on the skin. A triple action anti-leak system features a anti-kink bellow, sure grip ribs, and push ring ensures maximum security to the leg bag. For some users manual dexterity can be an issue when an external catheter needs to be rolled on. With the double grip strip you simply pull the strip towards your body once the external is positioned correctly at the head of the penis, and the catheter is applied correctly every time. The double tab also helps prevent nurse's gloves sticking to the MEC and helps patients who have difficulty putting on catheters. A winner of the 2007 Medical Design Excellence Award for its unique design, ease to use, and reliability for skin friendliness.
|Sub-Heading||100% Silicone catheter with Pull Tab. Individually packaged in a discreet, recyclable smart pack|
|Manufacturer SKU||22025, 22030, 22035, 22040, 22121, 22125, 22130, 22135|
I was very much satisfied with my purchase Review by Frank
Price Value Quality
I was verry much satisfied. (Posted on 5/18/12)
Exactly as expected Review by Max
Price Value Quality
The site description and photograph gave me virtually all the information I needed to asses the product without actually holding it. On opening the package there were no surprises it was exactly what I thought I was ordering. Very good quality. (Posted on 12/18/11)
Write Your Own Review
How to apply the Coveen Optima
(If necessary trim pubic hair. Clean and dry the penile area.)
1. Hold with one hand on the lower part of the smart pack and use the thumb on your hand to push the upper part away and the packing wil open.
2. Hold on the top of the catheter to help with positioning. Place the catheter over the penis, but keep a 1-2 cm gap between the tip of the penis and the outlet tube. use your other hand to pull the loop of the double strip grip slowly towards you, unrolling the catheter smoothly and evenly.
3. Gently squeeze the catheter around the shaft of the penis to ensure adhesion. No additional adhesive is necessary. Each catheter may be left in place for 24 hours between changes and must not be re-applied.
4. Connect the catheter to a urine bag by inserting the bag connector securely into the tip of the fitted catheter. The catheter has sure grip ribs on the tip and a push ring connector at the end of the outlet, which makes it easy for you to hold when you attach the collection bag.
5. To remove: detach the catheter from the urine bag and carefully roll it off. If required, use warm water to adi the removal process.